Our group studies quantum mechanical phenomena in mesoscopic structures. Our present focus is on single-spin qubits in semiconductor quantum dots and on electronic transport in mesoscopic graphene devices. To do so, we fabricate nanoscale devices and perform low-noise electronic measurements at milliKelvin temperatures employing microwave and pulsed technology. We are interested in the basic properties of these systems as well as in possible applications in quantum information processing.
Motivated students: apply!
Openings become available all year round.
- PhD/postdoc candidates, please contact Prof. Vandersypen.
- MSc/BSc students, click here.
News from QT
- TU Delft researchers cause electrons to jump between distant quantum dots
- TU Delft researchers lay solid foundation for a ‘quantum internet’
- Hannes Bernien wins the EPJ Young Speakers contest at Fysica 2013
- Lieven Vandersypen interview on graphene flagship (NRC)
- Winner FOM Film Challenge 2012 – Hannes Bernien